- 130g plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter plus more for frying
- Whole Earth Smooth Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 banana
- Handful of strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Put the oven on its lowest heat. This will keep the pancakes warm while you’re making them.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Gently melt the butter in a small pan, and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the milk into a fresh bowl, break in the egg, and beat together with a hand whisk.
- Add the melted butter to the milk and egg, and mix.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and beat until just smooth.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When it begins to sizzle, pour in a ladle of batter. Don’t spread it out – you’re aiming for a smaller, thicker pancake.
- Allow to fry until you see bubbles.
- Fry on the other side until golden brown.
- Put on a heatproof plate in the oven while you fry and flip the rest of your pancakes.
- When all the pancakes are ready, spread peanut butter onto pancakes and layer them into a stack.
- Top with sliced banana and strawberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.