Sweet Potato and Peanut Butter Soup
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 700g of sweet potatoes
- 500g Passata
- 125g Whole Earth 3 Nut Butter
- 900ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Flat leaf parsley for serving
- Crème fraiche for serving
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes – stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add the ginger, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mix to combine.
- Add the Passata, Whole Earth 3 Nut Butter and water and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove some of the sweet potatoes and blend the mixture to a smooth consistency.
- Serve and add the whole sweet potatoes, a spoon of crème fraiche and a sprinkle of chopped flat leaf parsley to each serving.