Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Soup
500g peeled pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
1 onion, chopped
1 227g jar of Whole Earth Peanut Butter with Sunflower, Pumpkin and Flax Seeds
About 1l chicken or vegetable stock
1 large garlic clove, crushed
Salt and pepper
Knob of unsalted butter
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the onion until softened.
- Add the garlic and chilli and fry for a few minutes.
- Place the pumpkin and sweet potato into a pan and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are soft – you should be able to mash the pumpkin against the side of the pan with a back of a spoon.
- Whiz in a blender until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix the peanut butter with a ladleful of the hot soup until well blended. Return the peanut butter mixture to the blended soup, stir well and serve.