Peanut Butter Gingerbread
- 5 heaped tbsp of Whole Earth Smooth Peanut Butter
- 350g Plain Flour
- 125g Butter
- 175g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Large Free Range Egg
- 3 ½ tbsp Golden Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- In a bowl mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda together.
- Next add this mixture into a food processor and then add the butter and Whole Earth peanut butter and mix well.
- Add sugar into the mixture in the food processor and blend.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together and then add to the food processor and gently mix until the mixture clumps together making a dough.
- Remove the dough and briefly knead out until smooth. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Next, pre-heat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Roll the dough out to a ½ cm thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a cutter cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray – remember to leave a gap between each one!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Note: If you are feeling adventurous once cooled you can decorate using icing sugar and cake decorations!