Peanut Butter Gems
Makes 12 delicious treats (with extra dough)
You will need:
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
75g butter, cubed
1 medium egg
4-5 squares of milk chocolate
4 heaped teaspoons of smooth Whole Earth peanut butter (or any Whole Earth Nut Butter that takes your fancy)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grab a big bowl and mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Tip the butter into the bowl, coat with the dry mixture and then rub in using your finger tips. Rub until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and there’s no large lumps remaining.
- Beat the egg and add to the bowl, mixing until large clumps of dough start to form.
- Using your hands, bring the dough together. Pop it in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out your chilled dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 1cm thick. Stamp out 12 x 4cm cookies. You’ll end up with leftover dough, so you can either wrap it in cling film and freeze it or make more cookies!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until crisp and just turning golden. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate and set to one side. Spoon the peanut butter into a piping bag.
- Working quickly, pipe a little peanut butter onto each cooled cookie and then drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- Serve or chill until needed. Best devoured within 6 hours…but we bet they’ll disappear well before then!