Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondant
150g good quality dark chocolate
150g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
75g caster sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
4 tbsp Whole Earth smooth peanut butter
- Line four 200ml ramekins with unsalted butter and pop in the fridge to chill.
- Melt the dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a bain-marie. Stir and leave to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6.
- Whisk the eggs and cast sugar in a large bowl until it has tripled in volume and fluffy.
- Whisk the melted chocolate in to the egg mixture until well combined.
- Sift the plain flour into the wet mixture and gently fold it in – it’s important to keep the air in the mixture so be sure not to over mix.
- Dust the ramekins with cocoa power, shaking off any excess.
- Half fill the ramekins with the fondant mixture. Spread it out to create an even base.
- Take a tablespoon of Whole Earth smooth peanut butter and shape into balls – repeat until you have four balls, then place one ball in to each ramekin.
- Divide the remaining fondant mixture between the ramekins – be sure to cover the peanut butter.
- Bake the fondants in the oven for 12 minutes. You want the sides to be set and the centre to be soft to the touch.
- Leave to cool for 1 minute. Turn out, dust with cocoa power, and serve while still warm.